Saturday 26 October 2013

Weekend wit: what people think pastors do

pastoring-meme

The image above reminds of a staggering question I was once asked at a dinner party. Having said to the blonde opposite me that I was a church minister/pastor they paused slightly and then asked a bit tentatively "So what else do you do...    uurrm...     besides lighting candles and...      leading services once a week?" I was completely stunned and could only mumble back something about having lots of people to visit. I wish I'd thought of the witty reply below which I came across recently.

Parishioner to vicar:  What a great job you have - you only have to work 2 hours a week.

Vicar's response:  My job is nothing. Olympic sprinters have it even better - they only have to work for 10 seconds every 4 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment