Monday 28 March 2011

Do numbers reveal God?

If you could meet any of the teachers who taught me maths, you will quickly find out I was no brill kid at algebraic long division or doing fancy quadratic equations (and what was all that stuff about differentiation and integration and can anyone tell me how useful derivatives and trig functions are in everyday life... but I digress...). And yet despite this struggle with the much more theoretical aspects of maths, I still myself intrigued by how numbers work. Take this for example. This year, we will experience 4 unusual dates

1/1/11
1/11/11
11/1/11
11/11/11

Now try this out - take the last 2 digits of the year you were born plus the age you will be this year and it will equal...          111

Isn't that fascinating? Could this small example illustrate something of the inherent structure/order within creation and by extension, tell us something of the 'numerical' Founder of our world?

No comments:

Post a Comment