Thursday 13 January 2011

Liken Ryken

Inspired by the various articles, blogs and events to celebrate the quatercentenary of the King James Bible, I've decided I'm going to use the King James Bible as much as I can in my private study and public preaching in this the 2011 year of our Lord. One of the best commendations for the literary flair and other excellencies of the King James can be heard in the video below in a conversation between Justin Taylor and Leland Ryken. Listen up especially to what Mr Ryken says at 4:40-5:40. Me I begun reading Genesis today and came across what must the understatement of the week. The first half of Genesis 1:16 reads

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night:

Then these five words follow he made the stars also

Just like that.

Stupefying.

Justin Taylor Interview: Leland Ryken, "The History of the King James Bible" from Crossway on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment