The q and a video below, though an hour long has a ton of winsome biblical advice. If you're a parent, about to become a parent or know any parents make sure you/they get to watch this. The questions they cover include:
- Is there ever a good time to ask your child: "How do you think this makes me feel?"
- Is there a way to use Scripture effectively without embittering your children towards it?
- How do you become a house of "Yes" without spoiling your children?
- Can using Scripture to teach and admonish become abused or done wrongly?
- What steps did you take to both be on the same page when it came to disciplining your children?
For my money probably the most helpful answers were those given to the questions: How do you consistently discipline your child and at the same time show them liberty and freedom? (from 08:39 onwards); How involved should you be in your child's private devotions? (from 36:16 onwards); How do you apologise to your kids (from 48:39 onwards). Their answers, were at once challenging, edifying and liberating. As I said above if you have any ongoing interaction with children and especially if you are a parent, find the 60 minutes somewhere to watch this video. Go to be late if you have to - your discipleship of the little ones will be markedly improved after watching it.