Wednesday 30 October 2013

How does Scripture oppose sodomy? Not like the GAFCON primates!

So how then does Scripture opposes sodomy? 

It does not do so in the same way that the GAFCON primates have done. Their way is more dignified, sanitized, and polite. Their tone is one of grief and sorrow, not outrage and offense. I do not think history will judge this approach kindly. I could be wrong, but I think they ought to have adopted the tone of Galatians 5:12 (“I wish they would castrate themselves”) or Philippians 3:2 (“beware of dogs, evildoers, the mutilators of the flesh”) or Revelation 2 (“You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who teaches my servants to practice sexual immorality”). If the Bible norms our speech ad verbum as well as as rem, then these are the sorts of epithets that ought to be applied to the Katharine Jefferts Schoris and Gene Robinsons of this world by bishops who claim the name of “apostolic”.

No comments:

Post a Comment