Thursday 21 July 2011

Grudem's answer to world poverty

I believe the only long-term solution to world poverty is business. That is because businesses produce goods, and business produce jobs. And businesses continue producing goods year after year, and continue providing jobs and paying wages year after year. Therefore if we are ever going to see long-term solutions to world poverty, I believe it will come through starting and maintaining productive, profitable businesses. 
Wayne Grudem, Business  for the Glory of God, 80

Fascinating eh? I haven't thought much about this subject but if I was to re-write Grudem's paragraph above, I'd change that first line to:

I believe the only long-term solution to world poverty is the undertaking and promoting of business, in a society that is largely Christian.

Would anyone be able to get him come lead a conference (in the UK) on this topic?

No comments:

Post a Comment