Monday 12 April 2010

Resurrection power rocks!

A minister I greatly respect challenged me recently in my attitude towards those I find hard to love. As many of you know, the recent months have been a time of controversy and evangelical strife. One of the consequences of this pain and division has been a heart - mine - that is cold towards those I felt, acted wrongly. There have even been times where sadly, I wished dear brothers and sisters in Christ ill. Of this I repent, asking our heavenly Father to forgive me even as I forgive those who sin against me.

The Easter period has been a good period to reflect again on the great power that Jesus resurrection brings to situations that feel helpless. Think of those words from 1 Corinthians 15:55

O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?

The most dreadful enemy is conquered. How much more then are things like forgiveness and reconciliation achievable in Christ?

Which therefore means that I must remember that it is not only the folk at my church, but also those who are on the other side of my theological convictions who share in resurrection power and therefore destined for the same delightful intimacy in the risen Christ when all things are made new.

I should love and treasure all, just as God has poured his munificent grace on all His children.

I should love all because we all share in that truimph of grace, Christ's resurrection power

Christ is risen... He is risen indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment