Tuesday 16 February 2010

So what happens next...

Yesterday I preached at a lovely church in the Sussex countryside (http://www.cuckfieldbaptistchurch.co.uk/) I was preaching on Psalm 130 which is one of the six penitential Psalms. The first two verses convey something of the awfulness of sin with the Psalmist crying out "Out of the depths I cry to you O Lord." Such anguish is probably amplified by the reminder in verse 3 that if the Lord dealt strictly with our sin, none of us would have any hope. So it is with much relief and joy to read in verse 4 that "...with you (God) there is forgiveness". And the heart skips for joy at this point. Sin is awful BUT with our God there is forgiveness

Now here is my question. Verse 4 reads thus "But with you there is forgiveness, therefore..." Given the story as I've explained it so far, how do you think this verse should end? Pick a word and then turn to Psalm 130:4... Pray...

No comments:

Post a Comment